Translate

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Blog Reflection

Because of the simplicity of creating a blog, many people have found a new presence on the Web. Instead of writing confidential entries in a book that no one is supposed to see, people now can share their personal feelings and experiences with thousands of people around the world (Tech Terms, 2014). In our Literature class we had the opportunity to create our own blog at the Blogger Website were we could share our thoughts and some assignments of the class. The blog would be more of a “inter” journey, which means that it would be more of an external journey, in contrast with the journal, which was an “intra” journey, which was more of an internal journey.
 
How to create a blog in Blogger
I had already done a blog in the website, which I was familiarized with the tools and features of it. For this semester the technical elements of creating the blog weren’t a big problem for me as for was the content of it. I love my personal life, for it’s a bit difficult for me to express myself in such public way. The entries I liked the most were not exactly about me, for example, the entry “My Reflection on Dr. Riess' "Supernovae Reveal An Accelerating Universe". In this entry I added a lot of links and photos and talked about the themes learned in class, which it was easy for me because I didn't have to talk about myself. In contrast with the entry "My Story", I did have to talk about me, my life and the different roles I play in it. At first, it was difficult writing the reflections that had to do with me, but then I realized when I was in process of creating them, they helped me be more open about myself and be clear of who I am and what I want to be in life. Overall, the blog helped me be more conscious of my grammar and spelling of words too.

2 comments:

  1. The blog was a great tool that helped us to feel free to communicate and even to establish conversations with the group members and the professor. It would have been excellent to see this video at the beginning of the course. Haha! At first, I had some trouble with the Blogger account because I didn't know how it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting your writing exposed to the world really makes you pay more attention to grammar and spelling, because I felt the same way. I hope people use your video it's really helpful, but a little to late to help me! Haha!

    ReplyDelete