Translate

Monday, November 24, 2014

Group Reflection: Fortunate Travelers

There are many occasions when you will be asked to work with other students on your course: tutorials and seminars rely on group discussion whilst group projects involve students working together to complete a piece of assessed work (University of Leicester, 2009).

As for my Journey in Literature class, I was assigned to a group for the whole semester. The integrates of my group are Valeria Muñoz, Alessandra Torres, Antonio QuiñonesHector Padilla and Manuel Blanco, and we named our group FORTUNATE TRAVELERS. Each and one of us analyzed the jobs that we had to fill and decided what was best for us. As for me, I decided to be a note taker because I am good at keeping records and writing everything down. Also, for this position I had to document and organize every paper and written work in a group portfolio. After everyone decided on his or her jobs, we each wrote a statement, which establishes that we are going to be graded on our performance of the task.

For me, the most difficult group assignment of the class was the fist one, “Perceptions of Puerto Rico”. I always thought that because we didn’t really know each other, the integration of the group was slow at first. As time passed, and we communicated more, we felt comfortable expressing our opinions and thoughts and became a better group. I think the best group assignment we had was the analysis of the North Africa section of “Memories, Dreams, Reflections” by C. Jung. We really put effort on it and conducted a great oral presentation.
Some humor, please!

As for my daily life, I take advantage of working in teams and being part of group projects like these because it helps me integrate to other scenarios. For instance, in my workplace and other social encounters, I can be confident as I already experienced this type of meetings. In this group I learned to cooperate, listen to others and have union thoughts. These characteristics help me be a better employee, for example, because they help me understand my coworkers and create a sense of union between us, as to the goals and objectives we want to achieve for the company.

2 comments:

  1. It was nice to meet you. I really liked to work with all of you and I hope to see you again. The second presentation definitely touched us and we will never forget it. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hyperlinks on our names! It was really great to meet you! The Carl Jung presentation will never be forgotten trust me! Hope to see you around.

    ReplyDelete